Losing Your License Due to a Ticket

Traffic Attorney

Yep.  That happens.  You get a ticket, you think it’s not a big deal, you pay it off or plead guilty, and boom, you get a letter from DMV saying your driver license is revoked.  What do you do?

First, you get in your Way-Back machine and hire a lawyer to help sort that out, then you don’t have any problems!

Barring time travel options, you may have a hard row to hoe in order to get yourself out of this mess.

Most of the time when someone loses their license due to a ticket, it’s because either a) the speed was 16 mph or more over the limit, or b) the conviction was for speeding greater than 55 mph and you already had a conviction for that OR reckless driving within 12 months of the latest one.  In those situations, sometimes you can hire an attorney to file what’s called a Motion for Appropriate Relief.  That essentially says, “Hey, this person acted without the advice of counsel, got burned, and could really use a do-over.”  Depending on the facts of the conviction and the county, you might be able to get an attorney to get that done.

But once again, the best advice is to NOT handle your own ticket and to get advice before you make more trouble for yourself.  Call me!  919-929-2992.

Trackback from your site.

Contact Jeffrey

Jeffrey Allen Howard, Attorney at Law, PLLC
1829 E. Franklin St. - Bldg 600
Chapel Hill, NC 27514

(P) 919-929-2992
(F) 919-636-4779

Address Doesn't Matter!

Quick Contact Form